http://private.kinky-blogging.com/ will continue to be the mirror and back up.
http://private.kinky-blogging.com/ will continue to be the mirror and back up.
A schoolboy is believed to have killed himself after being accused of raping a girl when he told police about drug dealers in his town.
Tom Acton, 16, became the victim of cruel taunts and was attacked by Thomas Greenwood, 18, when the lies started spreading in Poynton, Cheshire.
He was due to give evidence at Greenwood’s trial but was found critically ill at home days before the court hearing at Crewe Magistrates’ Court.
Tom was attacked in the street, targeted on Facebook and angry youths turned up at his house as lies spread that he had tied a girl to a tree and raped her.
Before he was attacked, Tom moved to Wales briefly to live with his grandmother for his own safety, but was set upon by Greenwood – who can be named after a judge lifted reporting restrictions – who told him ‘you are dead.
It said: ‘He threatened to break my nose and said: “If I see you, you are dead”. I screamed for my life and I saw him just staring me out. I thought my life was going to end.’
He added that the bullying campaign by Greenwood’s friends then increased. ‘He started rumours that I’d raped girls’, he said. ‘It boils down to the fact that I got on better with girls and he didn’t like it.
‘There were rumours that I had tied a girl to a tree, raped her and took pictures. As you can imagine I can no longer walk down the street as everyone calls me a rapist.
‘I felt so scared for my life I wanted to break down and cry. I was scared to go out of the house. I wish I wasn’t here. No one has the right or authority to assault me, cause me harm.
‘I suffered no physical injury just redness it is more of a mental injury caused.’ Greenwood was convicted of assault but cleared of possessing a bladed article and will be sentenced at a later date.
Lawyers are calling for urgent action to avoid miscarriages of justice after another rape case collapsed because key evidence was not disclosed by police.
Samson Makele, 28, feared being deported to Eritrea if he was found guilty of raping a woman he met at Notting Hill Carnival.
But the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) dropped its case four days before he was due to go on trial after Mr Makele’s lawyers presented photos showing him and the complainant “cuddling and smiling” in bed.
The 35-year-old woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told police Mr Makele raped her and prevented her from leaving his flat in August 2016.
She said she only managed to escape the flat after he fell asleep, but the photographs undermined her account.
Mr Makele consistently denied the charge and said sex with the woman was consensual, but an initial request to see the photographs was turned down.
Paris Theodorou, Mr Makele’s solicitor, said prosecutors told his team that apart from selected text messages nothing else on the defendant’s phone could be disclosed.
“So we got the telephone and commissioned our own forensic download,” he told The Independent.
After being sent more than a dozen photographs, showing Mr Makele and the complainant naked, smiling and “snuggling” together in bed, the CPS announced it would offer no evidence against him.
Prosecutors formally dropped the case at a pre-trial review hearing at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday, because there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction.
Mr Makele said he was relieved but described the effect the 18-month ordeal had, adding: “I cannot sleep, I can’t go anywhere, even for a day.”
As a suspected rapist he had been subject to restrictive bail conditions including a curfew and the seizure of his passport and travel documents.
“It was a huge restriction of his liberty,” Mr Theodorou said. “Not only could he potentially go to prison but he could have been deported to Eritrea.”
It is one of at least five sexual offence cases that have fallen through in the past month because of the failure to disclose key evidence.
Some have seen police download the contents of complainants’ phones but fail to pass on the full information they contained to the prosecution or defence, while others have involved other evidence including CCTV.
The Metropolitan Police announced an urgent review of all live sexual offence and child abuse investigations “as a precaution” after two rape cases collapsed within a week in December.
Liam Allan’s alleged victim had told friends she wanted and enjoyed sex she later reported as rape, it emerged, while Isaac Itiary had been charged with the statutory rape of a 14-year-old girl but messages showed she had claimed she was 19.
Weeks later, judges overturned a rape conviction after new Facebook messages emerged supporting his claim the sex in question was consensual.
Danny Kay had been in prison for four years by the time his defence lawyers uncovered an archive of Facebook messages that had been “selectively” deleted by the complainant.
Earlier this month, 29-year-old Mackele Tekleliaimanot was acquitted of attempted rape and sexual assault after CCTV police originally claimed was irrelevant supported his denial, causing prosecutors to drop the case on the fourth day of the trial.
Scotland Yard has denied a “systemic issue” around disclosure, which currently gives police the responsibility to examine electrical devices for evidence and pass anything relevant on to the CPS.
No doubt most readers will by now have seen the astonishing exchange on Channel 4 news between Milo Yiannopoulos and feminist presenter Cathy Newman. Without getting into too much detail, Milo was Milo and as a result Newman completely lost the plot, abandoning any sense of professionalism or integrity in her failed attempts to smear her interviewee.
The discussion trended on Twitter and promoted furious reactions from feminists, not least Anna Turley, Labour MP for Redcar, the former seat of Vera Baird of all people (a radical feminist who’s sexism we at HEqual have both previously exposed and completely defeated).
It’s likely that many missed Turley’s tweet as it has been ignored by the entire mainstream media and only reported by Guido Fawkes thus far. She wrote: “@channel4News sorry but how did you not punch him in his smug smirky face @cathynewman? Very restrained”. This is quite a contrast to the widespread coverage of a similar Tweet by Tory MP Michael Fabricant in 2014.
Twitter screen-shots can of course be faked and the tweet has now been deleted so it might be hard to prove it to be genuine. Thankfully, any Tweets deleted by MPs are archived and therefore we’ve been able to verify its authenticity.
So, we know for sure that Turley advocates violence against homosexual males who have different political views and dare to have a smug smirky face when they effortlessly come out on top in a discussion despite massive efforts to smear him. Worse than that, she argues that a woman not punching her male in the face when they lose a debate is in fact “very restrained”, thus suggesting that violence against men is not only justified, but in fact the default response for your average woman/feminist who loses an argument.
Like so many sexist Labour MPs, Turley is only in her position thanks to blatant discrimination against men, having been selected for her seat via a controversial all-women shortlist. She fits perfectly with other Labour stereotypes, with no local knowledge connection to her constituents, having been born hundreds of miles away in Dartford. She even lived in Islington at one point and such was local opposition to her that no less than ten local Labour Councillors strongly voiced their dissatisfaction and were even deselected for doing so!
Some digging by Richard Delingpole uncovered Turley’s “anti-violence” work, including support for the outrageously sexist “White Ribbon” campaign, an organisation claiming to oppose domestic violence. In reality, they only oppose one particular form of domestic violence, that being “men’s violence against women”, thus ignoring and marginalising all male victims, all homosexual victims not to mention child victims too.
So, thus far Turley’s “anti-violence” work is entirely compatible with her support for violence against Yiannopoulos. However, in July she tabled a Private Members Bill for MPs to “discuss the increasing number of cases of threats and abuse made over the internet”.
The Haryana Police in the last four days have busted five gangs who after laying a honeytrap lodged false rape cases against men to extort money from them.
As many as 15 people, including a couple and a brother-sister duo, were arrested from five districts in this connection.
Incidentally, the series of alleged false cases has come to the fore at a time when the state has been witnessing a spate of crimes against women and minor girls, with cases of gang-rapes and murders reported from Jind, Panipat, Faridabad, Hisar, Fatehabad and other districts in the last few days.
Senior police officials said while they were trying to ensure that crimes against women were properly addressed, they have also issued instructions to cops to identify women lodging false cases so they can be booked under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code for framing innocent men, wasting police’s time and bringing disrepute to the state.
In one such case, the Jhajjar police on Wednesday arrested a gang of three women and one man who had been threatening a Najafgarh youth of lodging a false rape case against him if he failed to give them ₹1.5 lakh. The police said the victim had filed a complaint that he was befriended recently by one of the accused women and she called him to her residence in Jhajjar on the pretext of some work. At her house, she was joined by two other women and a man who forcefully made his obscene video and demanded ₹1.5 lakh from him.
Jhajjar superintendent of police (SP) B Satheesh Balan said they prepared a raiding team that caught the accused red-handed while the victim was handing them money.
In Rohtak district, the police arrested a brother-sister duo on Wednesday for demanding ₹95 lakh from a city-based contractor to withdraw a false case they had filed against 19 members of his family. The accused duo, Ravi and Shalu, were trying to cash in on contractor Mahender’s illicit relationship with their sister Meenakshi.
On Tuesday, the Bhiwani police had arrested a woman and a man who were demanding ₹6.5 lakh and a 150-square yard plot from Suresh of Tosham to withdraw the ‘false’ rape case they had filed against him. The accused had on January 9 lodged a case of rape and violence under the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act against Suresh. Acting on Suresh’s complaint, the police caught the two red-handed while accepting the money.
In yet another case, the Sirsa police had on Monday arrested five members of a gang, including two women, who were demanding ₹10 lakh from a person after making his obscene video.
The Jind police had on Sunday arrested a Punjab couple who was demanding ₹25 lakh from Narwana village youth to withdraw a rape case against him, under which he was lodged in jail from past two months.
While data shows crime against women is on a rise in Haryana, a police study analyzing the crime incidents of a particular period found that every 3 in 10 rape cases registered in the state turn out to be false during investigation.
BOXX: False rape and extortion
Jan 17, Jhajjar: 3 women among 4 held for making obscene video of youth, demanding Rs 1.5 lakh
Jan 17, Rohtak: Brother-sister duo held for demanding Rs 95 lakh from contractor to withdraw false case
Jan 16, Bhiwani: Woman among 2 arrested for demanding Rs 6.5 lakh and 150 sq yard plot to withdraw false rape case
Jan 15, Sirsa: 2 women among 5 arrested for making obscene video of man, demanding Rs 10 lakh
Jan 14, Jind: Punjab couple arrested for demanding Rs 25 lakh from youth to withdraw false rape case
Motorists would have to shell out $11.52 to drive into the busiest parts of Manhattan under a new proposal commissioned by Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo to ease traffic congestion and raise vital funds for mass transit.
Trucks would pay even more – $25.34 – while taxi cabs, Uber rides and for-hire vehicles would be charged between $2 and $5 per ride. The pricing zone would cover Manhattan south of 60th Street.
The idea, called “congestion pricing,” involves using electronic tolling to charge vehicles for entering certain parts of town during especially busy times. The proposal is expected to face stiff opposition in the Legislature, which must approve portions of the plan. Similar plans have failed before after concerns were raised about the impact on commuters.
The exact amounts of the surcharges could change as state lawmakers, Cuomo and city leaders debate the details. Officials could also vary the surcharges based on the time of day, with the highest fees during rush hour.
“There are going to be some naysayers,” said former Bronx Borough President Freddy Ferrer, a Metropolitan Transportation Authority board member who served on a task force created by Cuomo to study the idea. The panel released its proposal Friday. “It’s clear that the status quo is no longer acceptable.”
London and Singapore already have similar congestion surcharges in place. Supporters of the idea say it will address gridlock and raise money for mass transit. Skeptics, including Democratic Mayor Bill de Blasio, worry that tolls could be a burden, especially to middle class and low-income commuters. Similar concerns doomed a congestion pricing plan from former Mayor Michael Bloomberg a decade ago.
Yasmin Sohrawardy, who drives from Queens into Manhattan twice a week for her job as a financial software developer, opposes any proposal to charge drivers.
“The people in the outer boroughs, who don’t have access to public transportation the way people do in Manhattan, can’t possibly afford this,” said Sohrawardy, 47. “It’s going to be extraordinarily expensive. If you live in Manhattan, you can take subways, buses or taxis.”
Cuomo stopped short of fully endorsing the proposal’s details but said it’s clear something must be done to address traffic and raise money for a subway system beset by breakdowns and delays. He noted that as a Queens native, he’s sensitive to the concerns of commuters.
“I have outer borough blood in my veins, and it is my priority that we keep costs down for hard working New Yorkers, and encourage use of mass transit,” he said.
Only 4 per cent of those who live in Queens, the Bronx, Brooklyn or Staten Island commute to Manhattan in a vehicle, according to figures released by the task force. Of those commuters, fewer than 5,000 are considered poor.
The fees on taxis and for-hire vehicles could take effect within a year, followed by trucks and then cars in 2020, according to the report. The task force said that none of the fees should be charged until mass transit repairs are made.
The task force calculated the amount of the fees based on existing bridge tolls. They suggested that tax credits could be created for low-income motorists to reduce the cost of the surcharges on those who can least afford them.
Cuomo created the task force last year after he declared a state of emergency in the subways. Details from a draft of the proposal were first reported Thursday night by The New York Times.
De Blasio said he wants a guarantee that revenue from the surcharge will go toward public transportation. He said the proposal is a “step in the right direction” compared to earlier versions, though he continues to push for a millionaires’ tax to raise revenue for transit.
“We need to know a lot more,” he said on WNYC radio Friday. “What we still don’t see is money … being put in a lock box that would only fund transit in New York City.”
State lawmakers are likely to ask their own questions. Some say they’d like to see exemptions for drivers heading to medical appointments or driving children to and from school.
Republican Senate Leader John Flanagan of Long Island told reporters earlier this month that while he’s open to discussing congestion pricing he wasn’t ready to support the idea.
“No, not what I’ve listened to,” he said. A spokesman said Friday that Flanagan hadn’t yet reviewed the specifics of the new proposal.
Congestion pricing has long been a goal of many environmental groups and transit advocates, and several cheered the proposal Friday.
Nick Sifuentes, executive director of the Tri-State Transportation Campaign, noted that travellers using the subway, buses, ferries and trains already pay a fare to reach Manhattan.
“The only folks who don’t pay at all are drivers – and those cars are clogging our streets, polluting our air, and harming the economy,” he said. “If you choose to drive into the most transit-rich neighbourhoods in the United States, it’s only fair that you also pay your fair share too.”
Traffic congestion will cost the New York City region an estimated $100 billion over the next five years, according to a report from The Partnership for New York City.